There comes a time in most of our lives when either our arms have become too short or all the print is just too small. This normal life change is called, “Presbyopia”.
Rather than giving up reading, quitting one’s job, or resorting only to books on tape; there are some things that can be done to help improve our “up close” Quality of Life. In fact, reading corrections can be made into eyeglasses or contact lenses.
For Eyeglasses we can design:
- Glasses just for reading only
- Glasses for computer and desk work
- Multifocal No-Line Progressive lenses
- Bifocals and Trifocals that have distinct zones
- Quadrifocals for overhead work
- Small bifocals for golf scorecards
- Glasses with a small amount of reading “push” just for students
- The lens designs are available in many materials including Trivex or polycarb, high index or ultra-high index, Transitions photochromatic, polarized or sunglass tints; and scratch resistant, UV blocking, anti-glare, and high energy Blue light protective
In Contact Lens designs:
- Multifocal Contact Lenses for far, middle, and reading distances
- Monovision and Modified Monovision for far and near vision needs
- All these designs can be made into rigid gas permeable or soft contacts and in monthly or single use packaging
To find out which options will help you most, call Dr. Robert Gerowitz, Optometrist PC today at (847) 705-7777 or send us a message through our online contact form to schedule an appointment for a comprehensive eye exam and we will walk you through the best options available for you.